In other news, the 7 year old girl I nanny for called me out today for wearing a girl’s shirt. In my defense, I bought it without realizing it was a girl’s shirt; it was super cheap so I just grabbed it. The design on it is gender neutral, but the fit is definitely more feminine; the neck is a little wider, the sleeves shorter, and very fitted. However, I do not say so apologetically. I am by no means opposed to wearing women’s shirts. I often browse the women’s department for clothes that I could pull off (especially the jeans). The only shirt I have bought consciously knowing it was a girl’s shirt was this one:
What can I say? It was on clearance and I needed something to wear to Pride… ;-)
Speaking of jeans, I have a funny progression in my jean sizes to describe.
In 10th grade, I used to buy size 32x32. Then I realized I was a 32x30. I had one pair of 31x30 but didn’t like them. In 12th grade, I bought two pairs of Levi’s size 30x30. That was a big step for me. One was the Slim Straight fit and I didn’t wear them for a long time because I was embarrassed that they were too tight and I felt emo. My freshman year of college they became my favorite jeans. Now, I wear those jeans when I want to wear something a little looser and more airy. The jeans I buy now are slim fitted 28x30’s. (and its not because I am skinnier) That is about as small as i can wear. Also, I regularly try on girl pants but haven’t found any I really like yet (I think I wear a size 6 though). When I do though, I will not hesitate nor be embarrassed to buy them.
The housekeeper came earlier this week and I realized that I was totally outed to her as she tidied my bathroom and room.
- The rainbow “embrace diversity” banner on the dresser
- Three kinds of pink lip gloss (roll on, brush on, squeeze on) on the dest
- A copy of The Advocate on the dresser
- A flyer for a dance party coming up with Queer written in big bold letters across it on the nightstand
- 8 pairs of shoes on the floor
- My knitting on the bed
- Clothes in closet organized according to color
- Medicine cabinet full of hair and face products such as:
- Apricot Mango Radiance Shave Gel
- Herbal Essences hair spray (Cactus Flower and Bamboo scented…. Mmm)
- Rose Hip scented Herbal Essences Shampoo & Conditioner (my ALL TIME favorite)
- Garnier Fructis Molding Wax
- Well-used tweezers