Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Flip Flop

I wanted to say a little about my feelings about the Church. If you can't tell from some of my previous posts, I go back and forth a lot.

Some days, I am terribly bitter. I get upset at the institution of the Church and its leaders. I feel like I never want to step into another chapel again.

Other days, I am intensely nostalgic. I desperately miss the Church and all that it was to me during high school. It makes me really sad that this is how things have to be.

Oftentimes, I will compose a blog entry, but not post it. The next day I go back to read it and I don't feel the same way anymore, so I don't end up posting it. I suppose one day my flip-flopiness will balance out to a pleasant equilibrium, or at least that is what I hope will happen.



And this video is fantastic. Beautiful and profound.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally understand. I caught myself off guard today singing I hope they call me on a mission. I have already been on a mission and not having been to church in almost two years I was kind of surprised to hear myself singing it. I guess we can still love what we had and look forward to what lies ahead!

Saint Job said...

it is hard to just suddenly let go of something that has been a big part of your life for a long time. Some would think that that feeling is unique to Mormonism alone; why when people leave the church they "just can't leave it alone". But this is true with many things that are a big part of our lives that are suddenly there no more. I'm sure you will always carry with you those good qualities you attained through religion. It will likely always be a part of you :) hope to see ya soon!