Sunday, May 4, 2008

Summer is in motion...

Fast forward for a minute to today. I have a few things I want to talk about.

I got asked to Prom last night. (Haha, yes by a girl ☺) It involved lots of whipped cream on my car, which has left a layer of butter fat on my windows so I need to go wash it. I never thought I would ever be one of the types who returns to high school like that, but I guess I am now. It should actually be pretty fun though. I have quite a lot of friends who are still in high school, so it wont be bad. But still…

Also, Prom is on the same night as one of my mom’s orchestra concerts (she plays bassoon), which is upsetting. No one ever goes and supports my mom in her concerts, and I promised myself I would go to as many as I could while I am home. I missed one when I came back for a weekend in March too. (They were playing Rachmaninoff, I love him.) Aside from just supporting her in her endeavors, I really like going to classical orchestra concerts. So that is quite disappointing.

Also, my aunt and uncle from Portland are visiting for the weekend. I had a few things I’ve been wanting to do down there, and so we spontaneously decided an hour ago that I would go back down with them. It's a good thing I haven't fully unpacked yet so I didn't have much packing to do. I’ll be leaving any minute now. I’m excited, I get to go to my aunt’s cycling classes that she teaches at their fancy gym, I get to go to the Nike employee store and get 50% of all the new stuff, and also I’m going to buy a snazzy new suit which is something I’ve been wanting to do for a long time. However, I need to hurry back because there is going to be a job opening at a gym downtown that I applied to so I need to be around.

That is exciting, but my Grandparents live in Portland also. I haven’t gotten to that part of my story yet but they are the ones taking my coming out the hardest. So there will be tension, and I know that they are going to corner me to talk about my homosexuality and give me the religion talk. They even used to give me the religion talk when I was Mr. Testimony so who knows what it will be like now. I’m a little worried about that, but I’ll survive, I’m learning how to deal with the G-parents and it will be okay.

Those are my recent developments of the summer.

4 comments:

Saint Job said...

haha. we probably passed eachother on the freeway. i just got back from portland a few hours ago.

draco said...

glad you're keeping busy in seattle- i'm sooooooooo freaking jealous!

draco said...

and we miss you!!! :)

Tommy said...

oh i like portland lots, but i looove seattle! except its cold up here. 53 degrees and an ocean breeze= not warm.

and i miss you all too! im rather looking forward to next year!