Sunday, April 27, 2008

Ah, noodles!

I was honored when Neo asked me to blog with him. More than that, though, I was touched. I don’t suppose I need to explain why. Neo’s journey has been (and will continue to be) a marvelous surprise to me and I’m delighted to be along for the ride. Even though he calls me his apostate mom, I will confess that I have recently felt that I have been prepared to be his mother. That idea is very mormon-ish, as many of you will recognize, yet my preparation has been anything but orthodox. I promise I will speak more of this preparation as things progress here.

The Oracle is, of course, another reference to The Matrix. I thought it would be a good idea to keep the theme going. Though I could probably go all symbolic on y’all, let’s just say I chose the Oracle because she is always in the kitchen baking cookies – an appropriately motherly activity. The Oracle knows “enough” and that also seems appropriate. Finally, she likes to bake people’s noodles and that sounds like fun to me.

Here’s to baked noodles…..

No comments: