Friday, June 6, 2008

Sacred.

Today was a long and hard day. The kids a real handful. They are incredibly unruly and are testing their parents and especially me to see how much they can get away with. I'm too tired to write too much tonight, but for how much of a grind the day to day is for the parents, this project they have taken on is one of the most holy things I have ever seen.

I was talking with Ann tonight and I was filled with that feeling described within Mormonism as the Spirit. Its a tough thing they are doing and who knows how it will turn out, but I just can't get over how intensely holy it is. I have felt the Spirit in testimony meetings before, but what I felt tonight was different. This was truer, deeper, and more authentic than any of the temporary and almost fabricated (not to sound disrespectful) feelings I have had at Sacrament Meeting. Maybe the difference was that this was that same feeling but applied to real life, not a vacuum.

But this post is not about church. It is about how amazing and sacred the things that are going on in this house are. So incredibly sacred. That's the only word I can think of to describe it.

More on this later. Goodnight.

1 comment:

Oracle said...

They are not testing you to see how much they can get away with. They are testing you to see how much you care.....