Sunday, June 8, 2008

Slipping Through The Cracks

I have been told that there is a nice little branch up here in the part of New York I'm living in. And BYU does require church attendance as part of going there. But I've realized that I could fall through the cracks in the church attendance department this summer. In other words, I could not go to church for the next three months and BYU wouldn't find out.

I thought about it a lot on the plane over here, and I think I'm going to take this chance. Give it a go and see how things turn out. I have been strongly attached to the culture of Mormondom in the past. I will miss that culture. I already do, and I'm just starting my second week my little experiment. Somehow though, it seems like a natural course of action. I don't know how this is going to work out, but I feel good about it.

And now, it is a bright beautiful Sunday morning. 92 degrees, clear sky, low humidity, and my day off. Carpe Diem.

No comments: